“We’re so excited to join Kirkland’s vibrant community, right here on the shores of Lake Washington” said Angela Lorenzen, Regional President for the Pacific Northwest. “Our store reflects the beauty of the outdoors, with extensive interior and exterior seating that will serve as a welcoming gathering place for the entire community.”
Each product in the store has been carefully selected to ensure they meet Whole Foods Market’s industry-leading quality standards, and is free of artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, preservatives and hydrogenated fats.
The Kirkland store, coming in at around 43,000 square feet and designed with a mid-century modern influence includes some delicious, local and feel-good amenities including:
- A coffee and juice bar serving Allegro coffee, espresso, matcha lattes, bulletproof coffee, and made-to-order smoothies.
- A salad bar that features mixed greens from Willie Greens, a Whole Foods Market Local Loan Program recipient, based out of Monroe, WA.
- Products from over 20 local farms and over 50 growers from the greater Northwest region.
- Full-service meat and seafood departments that feature Global Animal Partnership 5-Step Animal Welfare rated meat and sustainably-sourced seafood. The meat counter will also spotlight Cattail Creek Lamb, available for the first time year-round.
- An extensive wine and beer selection, including many from local brewers like Postdoc Brewing, Cold Hero Hard Cider and Kyla Hard Kombucha.
- A large prepared foods section that includes freshly made pizza featuring Manini’s wheat free crust. There will also be a Taqueria station for building tacos and burritos, including vegan options, and a Kikka venue for made-to-order rice and poke bowls, as well as ramen.
- Fresh baked goods and dessert items, like hand dipped Belgium waffles dipped in white, dark or milk chocolate.
- A produce department that features cherries and stone fruit in the summer, as well as citrus, apples, pears and squash in the fall and winter seasons.
- A floral department that will cut and wrap floral arrangements at no extra charge.
- Ample indoor and outdoor seating areas for customers to eat, drink and gather.
I didn’t really know this until a couple of years ago when I was back home in Washington, DC for a work trip – but my colleagues invited me to a “Whole Foods Happy Hour” as it was right by the office and I was immediately hooked and went a couple more times on that particular trip. Kirkland, now you can have your own Whole Foods Happy Hour after work too!
Visit the new Whole Foods Market location in Kirkland today!
12501 120th Avenue NE
Kirkland WA 98034