The highly anticipated Sunset Supper at Pike Place Market, presented by the Pike Place Market Foundation, will return Friday, Aug. 20 to celebrate not only the event’s 25th anniversary, but the Market’s first in-person event since the COVID-19 pandemic. The outdoor affair is keeping its workers, residents and guests’ health and safety top of mind by adhering to local government event guidelines and requiring all attendees to show proof of vaccination upon entering this year’s soirée. Ticket proceeds from the tasting event directly support the Foundation’s Recovery Fund to keep the Market community healthy through the long-lasting impacts of the pandemic and beyond. Tickets are limited and will go on sale Thursday, July 8 at 7 a.m. PT at pikeplacemarketfoundation.org/sunset.
Approximately 25 restaurants, including favorites from Pike Place Market and around the region, along with 40 Washington state wineries, distilleries and breweries, will line the iconic cobbled streets of the Market to serve guests tasty bites, wines, craft cocktails, brews and desserts for an al fresco dining experience to remember. To complement the food and beverages, attendees will also enjoy live music from local artists throughout the evening. The event’s celebratory return also includes a golden raffle and prize wheel for guests to try their chance at bringing home gifts such as a chefs dinner from Goldfinch Tavern, Alaska Airlines tickets, packages at Seattle’s finest downtown hotels, $1,000 Starbucks gift cards and more.
“Bringing Sunset Supper back to Pike Place Market marks a time of hope for our community while we move forward from the hardships the past year brought us. Our mission is always to promote the health and well-being of the Market’s workers, residents and guests, and in order to ensure this event is safe for attendees, we decided to move forward with a vaccine-required event,” said Patricia Gray, community relations manager of Pike Place Market Foundation. “After postponing the event last summer, we’re looking forward to safely gathering with our community once again to not only enjoy delicious food and drinks from some of Seattle’s favorite restaurants, breweries, wineries and distilleries, but to raise funds to continue supporting the people of Pike Place Market through the aftermath of COVID-19.”
Ticket prices range from $175 to $500 and include:
- General Admission ($175/person): Full bounty of food, wine, spirits and music under the stars.
- Patron ($275/person or $2,750/table of 10): Early 7 p.m. entry, canopied seating and access to full bounty of food, drink and music.
- MarketFront Pavilion ($500/person): Reserved table with waterfront views, live music, early 7 p.m. entry and exclusive chef and wine tastings.
The Pike Place Market Foundation’s full health and safety protocols for Sunset Supper include*:
- Requiring all Sunset Supper staff, volunteers, vendors, attendees and performers to show proof of vaccination before entering the event. This includes showing a vaccine card, a photo of a vaccine card or a copy of an email stating vaccine completion. Full vaccine must have occurred before Aug. 6, 2021.
- Reduced capacity and ample space and tables for guests to socially-distance.
- Ensuring the event adheres to any current state, country or city guidelines for social distancing, mask wearing, etc.
For more information about the Pike Place Market Foundation and to purchase Sunset Supper tickets, visit the website. To stay in touch with Market Foundation, follow on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
*The Market Foundation reserves the right to adjust protocols leading up to the event and will post vaccine requirements on its event webpage and at event entrances.